- Promotion of Your Mixer – We create a Chamber Event on Facebook and on our website and send email blasts to the Chamber Member community.
- Check in table – Chamber Ambassador(s) will greet your guests & provide name tags & information
- 50/50 Business Card Raffle – Mixer guests can purchase raffle tickets. During the mixer, the winning business card is drawn and the winner splits the pot with the Chamber.
- Adequate/safe parking for guests: Parking should be conveniently located if not adjacent to the venue.
- Hot & cold appetizers: Food choice is at the discretion of the host. Plan on approximately 40-80 guests (filtering in and out throughout the evening). Don’t forget that many guests will feel that this is one of the most important components of the mixer!
- Beverage service (for locations WITHOUT a liquor license): The host may choose to provide guests with a complimentary drink or two. Host provides evidence to Chamber of minimum of $1 million host liquor liability
- Beverage service (for locations WITH a liquor license): The host may choose to provide guests with a complimentary drink. In this case, guests will be given a drink ticket to redeem for their first drink. The host will not be reimbursed for redeemed tickets. Host provides evidence to Chamber of minimum of $1 million liquor liability
- Door Prize(s) for guests: It is highly recommended that mixer hosts provide 2-3 items to be given as door prizes during the mixer. Gift items, gift certificates, etc. generally make great door prizes. It is not necessary for the host to provide a gift to each guest.
- Personal Invitations: The Chamber will actively promote your mixer; however, personal invitations from you to colleagues, friends and other members goes a long way in boosting attendance.
- Liability Insurance: Host provides certificate of insurance to Chamber naming the Willits Chamber of Commerce as additional insured, with a minimum of $1 million business liability.
- Ice-breaker/Activity: It is always a good idea to include a fun activity or ice-breaker. Talk to your Chamber Ambassador for some unique and different ideas.
- Music: Consider including background music. It can energize the room and set the tone for your event. Live music (as background music) can be a great choice too.
- Personalized Business Promotion: The Chamber actively promotes Business Mixers to Chamber Member community. The host member’s information and logo (if applicable) are included on all promotional materials.
- Marketing: The host member has an opportunity to showcase their business and to make a brief presentation. Chamber Members who have attended a Business Mixer tend to patronize that business more, are more familiar with the host’s business activities and are more likely to refer others to the host business.
- Networking: Opportunity to network and get to know local community leaders and business people on both a personal and professional level.
- Community Enrichment: Mixers create a venue for networking and business promotion for all attendees. Business and personal relationships are strengthened and enriched.
Business Mixers in Willits are generally held monthly on a Tuesday or Thursday, January through November, from 5:30 – 7:30 PM. Requests to host a Business Mixer may be made by completing the Mixer Host Request Form and returning it to the Chamber office via fax, email or in person.
Host/location for each mixer is awarded based on geographic and industry diversity and the Chamber’s ability to accommodate the member’s request. The list of dates/locations is compiled by the Chamber Ambassador Committee, Mixer Coordinator, Chamber Executive Director and the Chamber President.