Willits has many forms of assistance for your business, whether for start-up, expansion, improvements, or relocation. These programs range from financing, permit streamlining, location assistance, job training, market research to technical assistance.
Because of our size, we are able to more effectively assist business development. The small town atmosphere permeates all aspects of the community. Relocating or expanding businesses receive personal assistance from the city government. The staff works closely with state and local agencies to make sure your needs are met. In Willits you’re not “just a number”, you are a partner in the future growth and development of our community.
- Savings Bank of Mendocino County – Willits Branch -Conventional, SBA, Commercial (707) 459-5533
- Tri Counties Bank – Conventional, SBA, Commercial (707) 459-5581
- National Bank of the Redwoods – Conventional, SBA, Commercial (707) 459-7940
- West Company – Microloans (866) 604-WEST (9378)
- SAFE-BIDCO – Business loans for business start-up, acquisition, working capital, expansion, etc. (800) 273-8637
- Economic Development & Financing Corp. – Business Revolving Loan Fund for Mendocino County Businesses. (707) 467-5953
- City of Willits – Revolving Loan Program & Facade Grant Program (707) 459-4601
Most commercial/industrial property in Willits is along Highways 101 and 20, or very near, and easily accessible for freight carriers. Highway 20 (east) provides a link to Interstate 5 in the Sacramento Valley and western United States markets, and Highway 101 links Willits to the San Francisco/Bay Area, Los Angeles and Pacific-Rim markets.
Zoning, planning and building information, within the incorporated city limits is available through the City of Willits Building and Planning Department.
Recycling Market Development Zone
In 1993 Mendocino County was designated a RMDZ by the California Integrated Waste Management Board. This gives added advantages to locating recycling-based manufacturing businesses in Mendocino County.